Alexander H. wrote in post #956078:
> MacBook Pro 15" can be ordered with the 1680x1050 resolution display,
> which has ~36% more total screen space, ~16.7% more vertical and
> horizontal space  compared to 1440x900. If I go with 15", I definitely
> will get the high-res display.

True. Just making sure to clarify the difference in ppi resolution vs.
physical screen size. It's been a long time in coming, but hopefully one
day we won't have to deal with this particular trade-off. Once we get
full resolution independence in our desktop and laptop computers we will
no longer have to trade high resolution displays with the problem text
and controls being too small to see or use effectively.

We know this problem can be solved. The iPhone 4 vs. prior version prove
this. The iPhone 4 has doubled the resolution while keeping the UI the
same physical size.