Tim Shaffer wrote in post #961029:
> Store the page parameter in the query string instead of the session.

Thats, what I currently do. It is managable, if I have to return one
level to reach the index page, but I also have a situation, where two
levels are possible. The latter case very ugly to implement: you have to
track the page index in any link in level 1.

Is there really nothing in the DOM, that can be used to distinguish two
tabs in the client?