On Nov 15, 6:12 am, Brian Troutwine <br...@troutwine.us> wrote:
> You are correct; I was too terse. The twitter front-end is served up
> by Rails, from what I understand, it is now largely a consumer of the
> scala back-end and handles very little to none of Twitter's business
> logic.

Who really cares where the data comes from and goes to though?  If
someone wraps their data layer and business logic up in scala/
whatever, how does that change anything?  I would say that a "front
end served up by Rails" is still a "Rails app".

Abstraction of the data layer to me doesn't seem like a bad
architecture, or even "unrailsy".  It's just another, equally valid
way of solving the problem.  Or does every single line of code have to
be written in ruby?

Will