On Nov 16, 12:45 pm, Marnen Laibow-Koser <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> Which?

The first line of the stack trace points to a line in my index which
contains the following:
- tag_cloud @tags, %w(css_class1 css_class2 css_class3 css_class4) do |
tag, css_class|

The above line of code is taken from the plugin's documentation and
translated into HAML

if I directly use the documented coding verbatim, e.g.
<% tag_cloud(@tags, %w(css1 css2 css3 css4)) do |tag, css_class| %>

I get the same error

The documentation is here:
https://github.com/mbleigh/acts-as-taggable-on

> What is the value of @tags ?

As per the documentation, @tags is defined in my controller as:
@tags = Blog.tag_counts_on(:tags)

from the console, the above line outputs all my tags.  Something is
going awry when I use the tag_cloud action to calculate the frequency
of individual tags.  As per my introductory post, I have followed
exactly as to what the documentation explains on how to properly use
the plugin.  There is seemingly something wrong, however, which is why
I am asking here.