> [...]It's perfectly OK to have Boolean columns (or any columns)
> be null-capable if the semantics of the data dictate that.

Sure. However, in my experience most people make boolean columns null
capable "just because" or because it's the default behavior of the DB
when defining columns and after a while problems arise because the
returned value is expected to be either true or false, not null: "It
is a boolean column, right? Why doesn't it return true or false? Why
do I have to worry about the value being null?".

IMHO boolean columns are just a little different because of their very
nature. Sure, they can be set to be null but I really don't see the
advantage in it. In my experience, if I set the column to default to
either true or false (probably false all the time) and change it as
needed things work much better and things get easier.