venkata reddy wrote in post #963052:
> Hi everybody...
>                I am venkey here. very interested to learn ruby on
> rails.Though i have not had any experience  with the web development,
> i want to learn ror as quickly as i can.I installed ror successfully.i
> am just starting to build sample applications.so anybody can tell me
> the path, like what is technologies i nead to learn to become a good
> ror developer.

Well, obviously, Ruby as the language, Rails as the framework, MVC to
understand how it all fits together, and some database to work with
(MySQL, SQLite, Postgres seem to be the top contenders). Javascript
comes in handy, CSS, and I personally use HAML as my markup in
preference to erb as I find it cleaner to read and write.

> and the right path to learn ror and list of resources
> available on the net and editors and tools needed to develop these
> applications.

Google is your friend for Rails development, just make sure the
tutorials/examples you are following match the version of Ruby and Rails
you have installed. Ryan Bates has a number of very good tutorials on
useful topics. Do bookmark the Ruby and Rails API docs in your browser.

Start your application small and build up from there (learn to walk
before you try to run). Get basic CRUD working, then extend. You will
want to learn at least one of the automated testing tools for Rails,
google that topic as well.

Editors? Feh, I use gedit on Linux, CodeWright on Windows. That's all
you need, no fancy code-completing needed here, basic syntax
highlighting is plenty.