On 22 November 2010 16:39, Gintautas Šimkus <dihita...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you mean you are paying up to nearly 10 000 pounds for a month?

Most places assume you're going to work five days a week, so that
works out at a shade over £6K a month. But I suppose if divide the
250hours by an 8hour day, that's 31 (and a quarter) days - and would
be just over £9K if one were prepared to work without a break for the
whole contract.

> I am just saying your
> salary is good. But is this job only for 1-2 months?

It's certainly not bad, but it is on par for Rails contract jobs in
London (looking at the, admittedly too infrequently advertised roles,
they're around the £250-350 mark).

> If it were a
> longer/long term offer, I MIGHT be willing to travel UK. You see I got a
> girlfriend, but with that kind of salary I would be able to fly back and
> forth no problem :)

You do occasionally find 3month+ roles coming up; and in the last
couple of weeks I've seen a few advertised nationally for 6 months or
more. I've occasionally taken roles that have required me to commute
weekly across the county, and it's certainly not unusual amongst my
acquaintances to stay away from home during the week.

If you've got the flexibility (and energy :-) to work for 30 days flat
out, then why not go for it? I'm sure your girlfriend will tolerate
you working away for a month if you take her off for a holiday when
you get home!