My idea is that I have users, who are responsible for maintaining or for
reviewing records relating to one or many companies. The other way round
a company' records can be maintained or reviewed by many users.
In the 'type' attribute I would like to store the role of the user as
'read-only' or 'write' flags.

I would like to define the authorization in a form that lists for a
given user all existing companies and then the admin can select via
radio-buttons for each company if the user should have 'no access',
'view' or 'write' access to the companies records. Submitting the form
shall update the authorizations for all companies for that user.
My intension was to store the type of authorization in the addtional
datafield, but I don't know how to access it.

Markus