> Actually i am a bit new to the development side.
> and new to ror as well.but i want to learn Ruby on Rails and start my
> web development. i want to build a real time application while
> learning..can u guide me pls...

Hi there,

First of all I would get familiar with Ruby, which is VERY important
and you don't need to know any Rails to have some fun with it. Pay
special attention to blocks. Then I would try to understand the MVC
design pattern, Rails is based on it and will help you tremendously in
understanding how things work and why the application looks so 'spread
out' in different folders and files. Then I would try to build
something really simple like a "Hello World" type of application,
there are many tutorials out there. If you're happy and want to keep
going then I would try to learn how to use activerecord, which will be
immensely helpful working with any DB. Then you should have enough
information to start building your real time application. IMHO, if you
miss any of the above you're in for a rough start (personal
experience ;) ).