basically you got two possibilities:
1. write the value into a session-variable
  session[:object] = "some string or value"

2. pass your value as a parameter to some action and read params in
your controller:
  <%=  link_to "my_action" :controller => :bla, :action
=> :my_action, :object => "some string or value" %>

controller:
  def my_action
    puts params[:wtf]
  end

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 9:46 AM, Paul Roche <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> Sure. I have a page in (view\controller x) with an input field.
> Submitting the form displays the value of the input field on this same
> page.
>
> There is a link on this page that connects to another page in a
> different view/controller (view\controller y). I want to use the param
> (input field value) as a conditon in a 'find' in the controller y. But I
> am not yielding results. It's like the param is empty. I hope this makes
> it a little clearer

Thanks:
Rajeev sharma
+919013155133