The major providers I know of off the top of my head are Heroku
(www.heroku.com), EngineYard (www.engineyard.com), and Rails Machine
(www.railsmachine.com).  I believe both Heroku and EngineYard provide
"front-ends" to Amazon EC2 (in other words, what they provide is an
access layer to EC2 specifically geared toward Rails apps, to make
them easier to deploy and administer).  Lots of rails applications
that I know of are hosted directly on Amazon EC2 or Rackspace Cloud
Servers, which are just straight-up virtual servers running your
choice of operating system.  This approach gains you a lot of
flexibility, but it can be a pain to administer several different apps
on several different servers - keeping up with patches, making sure
that the system continues to work correctly post-patch, etc. can be a
full time job in and of itself!  That's why providers like Heroku are
really useful.

If you're looking at virtual hosting, you can look at Amazon EC2,
Rackspace Cloud, Linode (www.linode.com), or Slicehost
(www.slicehost.com).  There are lots of companies in the VPS
marketspace, but those are some options I can give you off the top of
my head.