On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 4:44 PM, Tim Shaffer <timshaf...@me.com> wrote:
> I'm pretty sure you need to pass the ID along with the attributes, otherwise
> Rails creates a new instance:
Yes, that's pretty much what's happening.
I, actually, was a moron, since I should have see the code in first place.
The update_attributes method in ActiveRecord::Base is stupidly simple
and it's really clear what it does:

2666       def update_attributes(attributes)
2667
with_transaction_returning_status(:update_attributes_inside_transaction,
attributes)
2668       end
2669
2670       def update_attributes_inside_transaction(attributes)
#:nodoc:
2671         self.attributes = attributes
2672         save
2673       end

Duh! Sorry guys. My bad.
Thanks anyway for your time, Tim.