On 24 December 2010 12:39, Gordon Yeong <anexi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmmm I'm pretty sure my older development and production servers have no
> trace of 3.0.3 gems. That is because I started developing since rails 2.3.2
> and the project was live when rails 2.3.5 was out.
>
> Any ideas? My new server has ubuntu 10 whereas the other servers (which run
> the app fine) are on ubuntu 9. Could that be the cause?

You have not quoted the previous message so I am not sure if you saw
my latest post.  The problem appears to be that you have a random
assortment of rails gems.  All of actionmailer, actionpack,
activerecord, activeresource, activesupport and rails itself should be
available for the version that you specify in environment.rb (2.3.5 in
the case of your app).   It is nothing to do with which version of
ubuntu you are on, it is to do with which gems have been installed.

As I said I would suggest you install rvm then you can install the
appropriate gems for the app under rvm and ignore what is currently
installed.  I also note that you have ruby 1.9.1, I would suggest
1.8.7 for rails 2.3.

Colin