(I hope this is no double post, I a.) can't find my own post in the search
and b.) never got any answers)

Currently I want to implement in-place editing directly on the index-page
(for the sake of learning just xx products with a name to be edited).
These are my favorite links from yesterday's research (for the archives):

*On the spot is a Rails3 compliant unobtrusive javascript in-place-editing
plugin: http://rubygems.org/gems/on_the_spot
(http://rubydoc.info/gems/on_the_spot/0.0.6/frames,
http://www.dixis.com/?p=408)
https://code.google.com/p/jquery-in-place-editor/   (
http://www.appelsiini.net/projects/jeditable)

Rails 3 Remote Links and Forms: A Definitive Guide:
http://www.alfajango.com/blog/rails-3-remote-links-and-forms/
http://asciicasts.com/episodes/43-ajax-with-rjs   (and the same with JQuery:
http://asciicasts.com/episodes/136-jquery)
http://asciicasts.com/episodes/205-unobtrusive-javascript
Edit-in-place with Rails 3 and Prototype: http://www.betaful.com/?p=502
Creating a 100% ajax CRUD using rails 3 and unobtrusive javascript:
http://www.stjhimy.com/posts/7
*
*Debugging AJAX: http://asciicasts.com/episodes/44-debugging-rjs
*

Still, I want to ask, what you consider the best way to implement in my
application with respect to easy implementation, robustness, cross-browser
capabilities (modern browsers only) and with a promising future.