Nick Hoffman wrote in post #973978:
> BTW, it's best not to include the word "should" in your spec
> descriptions.
>     it 'validates the presence of "text"' do
> is better because it's more descriptive.

I don't agree.  Since RSpec's syntax uses "should" as a technical term,
I believe it should be in every spec description:

it "should set the value to 2" do
  value.should == 2
end

> The word "should" is soft; it doesn't mean "fail if this isn't true",
> which
> is what we're trying to convey.

"Should" as an RSpec technical term isn't soft at all.  It's "this
*should* be true.  If it is not, we have a problem."

Best,
--
Marnen Laibow-Koser
http://www.marnen.org