Hey all,

I'm looking at a piece of code developed by an experienced Rails
developer:

 def create
    @user = User.authenticate!(params[:email], params[:password])

    @deployment = Deployment.find_by_name(params[:deployment_name])

  end

In that third line, he calls a class method find_by_name on the
Deployment class. So naturally I look at Deployment.rb where the class
is initialized. But there is no find_by_name method. What I see is this:

 validates_presence_of :name

  def self.get(name)
    find_by_name!(name)
  end

So why does this not return an undefined method error? There's no setter
or getter (attr_accessor) for find_by_name so it has no definition
anywhere. Second point is find_by_name! is not declared anywhere either
so we pass the name local variable into it, but it's not defined
anywhere. Anyone understand what's going on here? Thanks for response.