On 2011-01-26, at 8:11 PM, Ismail Haqq wrote:
> This is a pain in the arss.

You can say that again ;)

> I ran the command ls -l /usr/lib/sqlite3 and
> it spit out
> total 4960
> -rwxrwxrwx  1 root  wheel  2534656 Mar  6  2009 libtclsqlite3.dylib
> -rwxrwxrwx  1 root  wheel       89 Dec  9  2007 pkgIndex.tcl
>
> Also ran ls -l /usr/lib | grep sqlite3
> -rwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel   2436160 Mar  6  2009 libsqlite3.0.dylib
> lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel        18 Aug 30  2008 libsqlite3.dylib ->
> libsqlite3.0.dylib
> drwxrwxrwx   4 root  wheel       136 May 27  2009 sqlite3
>
> So i ran the sudo chmod -R 777 on each file, and still had no success
> running rails db.
>
> Do you think I should reinstall sqlite3, just guessing :)

OK, you would definitely have access to the directory that is in the error
message:
> Users/musdev/project_manager/sqlite3--with-sqlite3lib/ruby/1.9.1/gems/railties-3.0.3/lib/rails/commands/dbconsole.rb:94:in
> `exec': Permission denied - /usr/lib/sqlite3 (Errno::EACCES)

I have a few additional suggestions:
-make a new rails project and see if you have this same issue
-send the output of your path environment variable eg. echo $PATH
-send the contents of your database.yml
-send the output of: whereis sqlite3
-run the command at the full path of the output of the above command
-run: sqlite3

The above should give us a better indication of where the problem is happening.
I don't see this as a rails issue, but something in your dev environment, so
reinstalling sqlite3 could have the desired effect.

Luke