On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 2:31 AM, Priya D. <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> I'm creating a new object for a class using irb. At that time, if the
> object is created successfully, a new console should be open. The newly
> opened console should act as the created object.
>
> so that i can execute all the instance methods through the newly opened
> console, without prefixing object to the methods.
>
> am i clear?

The concept of nested irb shells is already supported by irb.  You merely
have to use the method "irb <instance>" while in irb to insert yourself into
the instance's namespace.

irb(main):001:0> class Test
irb(main):002:1> def test_method
irb(main):003:2> "test method called correctly"
irb(main):004:2> end
irb(main):005:1> end
=> nil
irb(main):006:0> irb Test.new
irb#1(#<Test:0x1c67478>):001:0> test_method
=> "test method called correctly"
irb#1(#<Test:0x1c67478>):002:0> quit
=> #<IRB::Irb: @scanner=#<RubyLex:0x1bac510>,
@context=#<IRB::Context:0x1bacbc8>, @signal_status=:IN_EVAL>