On Jan 31, 2011, at 5:48 PM, slindsey3000 wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am wondering what is the best practice for using gemsets with rails
> projects.

No idea if it's best practice, but I create a gemset for every project.  Then
in the rails root of that project put "rvm gemset use xxxx" in .rvmrc so every
time I cd into that directory it's loaded.

For gems you always want installed in new gemsets look in ~/.rvm/gemsets/ at
default.gems and global.gems.

I *wouldn't* put Rails in there though... what if you have to work on an old
rails 2 project?  I put bundler, rake, and open_gem in mine as I use those all
the time....

THere's probably better info on the RVM website about all this...

Good luck!