On Feb 1, 2011, at 5:57 PM, Joe Martin wrote:

It looks like the Rails app receives the request as soon as curl sends
it. It process it in 12 or 19 milliseconds and then curl doesn't get
the response for another 3 full seconds.

What could possibly be causing the delay between the time that the
view is Completed and logged and the time that curl receives the HTML
data?

This kind of consistent delay sounds a lot like a DNS issue to me. Some machine in the transaction (maybe the server, maybe the machine that cURL is running on) is trying to look up its own name and failing, and having to wait through the DNS timeout. That's the direction I would start looking personally.

Walter