I think it's some bad code that assumes it can't possibly send a bill for
0.00. Some defensive code is in order. All billing code should check for
sending out 0.00 bills and ridiculously large bills, even if it's redundant.

If you want to remind people that the service is free and may not remain so,
just say it.