http://api.rubyonrails.org/classes/ActiveRecord/NestedAttributes/ClassMethods.html

Haven't tested it, but perhaps you try something like this:

class Customer
  has_many :deliveries
  has_one :document

  accepts_nested_attributes_for :deliveries, :reject_if =>  lamda {
|attributes| attributes['delivered_at'].blank?}
  accepts_nested_attributes_for :document

<%= form_for(@customer) do |f| %>
  <%= f.fields_for :deliveries, @delivery do |delivery_fields %>
    <%= delivery_fields.input :delivered_at, :as =>  :hidden, :value =>
Date.today %>
  <% end %>
  <%= f.fields_for :document do |doc_fields| %>
    <%= doc_fields.label :doc_type %>
    <%= doc_fields.text_field :doc_type %>
    <%= doc_fields.error :doc_type %>
  <% end %>