I am getting the month and day reversed in parsing a date. I am wondering if
there is some intelligence in Ruby that knows that at the moment I am in
Mexico, as the parsing is working as if I was

"6/15/2008".to_date
=> ArgumentError: invalid date

"15/6/2008".to_date
 => Sun, 15 Jun 2008

What I really want is my date to be understood as month/day/year. Is there a
way to tell Ruby or Rails to do this? Been poking around on google and do
not see an answer that works here.

I found a page with this example, which makes me think maybe there is
something weird going on due to my geographic location:

'06/15/2008'.to_date
<http://apidock.com/rails/ActiveSupport/CoreExtensions/String/Conversions/to_date>
        # => Sun, 15 Jun 2008