On Feb 5, 2011, at 11:49 AM, Bhasker Harihara wrote:

Hi Walter,

Thanks for your input. Since I want a messaging system which will not send messages outside, will it be helpful to use ActionMailer or just write my own set of classes.

If you're not actually delivering e-mail using the Internet Mail protocols, then you don't need to use ActionMailer. Are you referring to a "private message" system on a Web site, where one member can send a note to another member? That's not mail, and the only interaction such a system would have with actual Cap-M-Mail would be if you design in a "ping" system that sends an alert through mail to the recipient, alerting them to a new message. And for that, yes, you would use ActionMailer to compose and deliver the ping message.

Walter

Regards