Hi

I want to show some info and provided an 'edit' button next to it.
This will change the display info to an editable form.

I've seen this done before, but what I can't figure out is whether I
have to use an actual remote action to the rails server?

I think I should be able to render both the edit box and the display
info as seperate divs, and then show/hide them based on clicks.  I
have this working with link_to_remote and an rjs file with page.show
and page.hide, but this requires each click to have communication with
the server.

What I'm wondering is whether this can be done without making the
query to the server? Basically pure javascript with no server ping?