On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 1:18 PM, John Merlino <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I have this in my plugins directory:
>
> 1: <% if current_user && current_user.admin? %>
> 2:   <div class="blogAdminLinks">
> 3:     <ul class="blogList">
> 4:       <li class="blogListFirst"><%= link_to 'New Blog Post',
> new_blog_post_path %></li>
>
> As you can see,it references current_user
>
> So I define current_user in User model as a global variable:
>
>  cattr_accessor :current_user
>
> I application controller, I define who current user is:
>
>   def current_user
>     @current_user = User.find(1)
>
>     return @current_user if defined?(@current_user)
>   end
>
> It does appear that the method overrides the one in model, assuming the
> one in model is a getter/setter.
>
> Nevertheless, when I make a reference to it in one of my views, I get
> undefined error method. Any idea?

At the top of your controller, you'll want to add
helper_method :current_user

But I don't understand what the 'cattr_accessor :current_user' in your user
model accomplishes; where or how will you use that? You aren't using it in
the controller. What I'm saying is, you don't need that, and probably don't
want it. :-)