I am passing several params from my view but need to put some logic
behind one of them. I pass a value of either "Yes" or "No" from my view
to the controller with the param known as "completed" under "update".

Here is my controller and view which works fine:

view->

<%= form_tag :action => 'update', :id => @project %>
<% form_for :project do |f| -%>
<%= f.text_field :name %>
<%= f.label :completed %>
<%= f.select(:completed, ["No", "Yes"] )%>
<%= submit_tag 'Submit' %>
<%= form_tag %>
<% end -%>

controller->

def update
 @project = Project.find(params[:id])
  if @project.update_attributes(params[:project])
   redirect_to :action => 'index', :id => @project
 else
  render :action => 'edit'

I would like to add some logic to do something if the "completed" param
is equal to "Yes". Here is my attempt but it doesn't work:

def update
 @project = Project.find(params[:id])
  if @project.update_attributes(params[:project])
    if params[:completed] == "Yes" do "something here" end
   redirect_to :action => 'index', :id => @project
 else
  render :action => 'edit'

Can anyone help me put some logic in for just the value of the completed
param?

thanks