On Mar 12, 11:25 pm, Simon Welker <p0mmesg4...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Stories#index
> Find me in app/views/stories/index.html.erb
>
> Huh. That's good for the time being, because something happens in some
> kind and I got a functioning (at least halfway) controller. But why
> won't it use /stories/index just for the parent directory /stories --
> and especially: Why doesn't it do that as _automatically by official
> Ruby on Rails tools generated_ code? Would look some kinda stupid when
> every url of my website will have /index at the end. >:s

You got exactly what you asked for - if you just ask for a controller
with an action, there's no special casing of particular action names.
You can of course add a route specifying what should be done with /
stories. Typically you would be using resourceful routes, in which
cases /stories would be mapped to StoriesController#index for you.
(try rails generate scaffold stories name:string body:text)

Fred

Fred