On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 11:52 PM, Ajay <stealthu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Bryan,
>
> I executed the following command
> gem uninstall mysql2
>
> followed by the command you mentioned.
>
> I then executed the command
> rails server
> But, I am getting the same error. Please let me know, if you have any
> other ideas that I can try.

Hi Ajay,

It might still be that it doesn't understand how to talk to MySQL. I'm just
trying to cover the it knowing where things are. It may still not know which
socket to use. I ran into this issue on a Linux machine once and got around
it by symlinking from the tmp folder to the actual socket. Try that and see
what happens.

cd /tmp
sudo ln -s /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock mysql.sock

Thanks,
B.