Hello,

We've been migrating our fairly large Rails 1.2 application from MRI 1.8.6
to REE 1.8.7, and in the process we've encountered some fairly odd behavior.

Namely, instead of the expected reduction in memory usage, we're seeing an
increase in memory usage by around 40% and, along with it, an increase in
processor usage.

The stock 1.8.7 implementation performs even worse than REE from both
standpoints, and while this is somewhat redeeming of REE, something is most
definitely amiss.

Tweaking REE's GC parameters was our first instinct, but the improvements we
got that way were negligible.

The question is, has anyone experienced anything similar? Is there something
we're missing?

If there's anything I've left out that might be helpful, please point it out
and I'll be more than happy to answer.