I have a page with an email address visible (so humans can print the
page if necessary). I used the following to code to obfuscate the
email. When I view the page source in my browser it appears all is
well, but I was told today by the SEO person at our web developer that
the email address is not obfuscated on this page. He had a printout
with the email address clearly visible after some obfuscated text.

So, is the following incorrect in some way I just can't see?

Email: <%= mail_to @post.employer.email, @post.employer.email, :encode
=> "javascript", :subject => 'request for information: '+ @post.title