On 28 March 2011 13:02, amritpal p. <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Colin Law Thanks for reply.I am using rails version 2.3.8.Is this reason
> for getting the error?

As Bryan said those were deprecated and presumably are now no longer
there, so yes I expect so.

> The link which you suggessted for tutorials provide stuff paid!Is there
> any good free tutorials for RoR?

It is free to use online (rather than downloading complete tutorial).
Click in the first paragraph of railstutorial.org where it says
'available for free online'.

I suggest you upgrade to Rails 3 first though.  There is no point
starting with an out of date version (2.3.8) unless you need to
maintain legacy code.

Colin