Marco Antonio Filho wrote in post #991464:
> Now comes the problem. I need to deploy these
> changes
> in the production servers. I already have the script to update the
> changes,
> but I don't know what is the conventional place to put it. Not in the
> migrations, I know.

Why not a migration?  Seems like the correct place for a one-shot
change.

Create the new table.
Migrate the data.
Once and done.

I've done this numerous times on a project as the design evolves (create
new table(s), reorganize existing data), and the migrations provide the
audit trail of the actions.

Just make sure your down action undoes everything appropriately, but
that's what your dev environment is for, isn't it?