On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 1:50 PM, Michael Pavling <pavl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 15 April 2011 19:41, David Kahn <d...@structuralartistry.com> wrote:
> > This cant be so hard but feeling rather annoyed with myself for thinking
> > can do the following:
> >
> > DateTime.now + 1.day
> >
> > Is there any easy way to do this?
>
> I prefer to use .since and .ago:
>
>  DateTime.now.since(1.day)

Hmmm, I like the idea but getting an error - I am in rails console (Ruby
1.8.7)... but in Ruby 1.9.2 the method is present. Any idea how to aproach
this problem in 1.8.7?

ruby-1.8.7-p330 :020 > DateTime.now.since(1.day)
NoMethodError: undefined method `since' for #<DateTime
2011-04-15T13:52:34-05:00>

ruby-1.9.2-p136 :001 > DateTime.now.since(1.day)
 => Sat, 16 Apr 2011 13:55:22 -0500