On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 5:34 AM, hoboy Hoboy <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> David Kahn.
> Thanks what ide you use ? and how specically you import your project
> into that ide ?

Actually I picked up vim a couple months ago and love it. Although if you do
not use it you might not want to do both your ror learning curve and vim
learning curve at the same time. I am on mac and before used text edit.

> I am on ubuntu.
> Well when I was leaning python it was easy to get round with. install
> it, starting it.
> I have many years of java/.Net programming as profational.

Yeah, I came from .Net myself, actually that is where I developed a distaste
for ide's, namely that I dont like all the voodoo behind the scenes or weird
'extra' files being created. I like the idea of being able to just work from
knowledge, and given that rails is dynamic there is a lot even if there was
a great ide that it would never help you with.

If you google for 'ubuntu text editor rails' I see a number of results, I
would start there. End of day it is a personal choice. But do check out vim
at some point, it is amazing once you get through a day or two of learning
curve (I mean that in a couple days you can probably be productive again,
but not necessarily taking advantage of a lot of its features).