On 19 April 2011 17:26, amrit pal pathak <amritpalpath...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the production enviorment is still not enabled.because i when
> i tried
>   script/generate scaffold person firstname:string lastname:string;
>                   rake db:migrate(it created a table named"people" in
> amritpal database that is used in development envionrment.But in
> production enviornment ,the database production hasn't any talbe)
>
> Means still i working in development??

As I have tried to explain several times the value of RAILS_ENV
determines which environment will be used when you execute a rake
command.  The environment defaults to development.  So:

rake db:migrate will migrate the development db.

RAILS_ENV=production rake db:migrate
will migrate the production db.

Colin