I am following this screencast
http://railsillustrated.com/screencast-file-uploads-progress-in-rails-passenger.html
as well as comparing this against all the other rails Apache Progress
Module progress bar examples and I can't figure out why I am always
getting a 404 routing error:

ActionController::RoutingError (No route matches "/progress"):

I have a feeling that it's something centered around my apache
configurations but everything seems to check out.

in my httpd.conf I have these relative configs:

LoadModule upload_progress_module libexec/apache2/mod_upload_progress.so

Include /private/etc/apache2/other/*.conf
Include /private/etc/apache2/passenger_pane_vhosts/*.conf

in my passenger_pane_vhosts/file_upload_progress1.local.vhost.conf I
have this virtual host set up:

[code]
<VirtualHost *:80>
   ServerName file_upload_progress1.local
   DocumentRoot
"/Library/WebServer/Documents/ROR_tests/file_upload_progress1/public"
   RailsEnv development
   #RailsAllowModRewrite off

   <directory
"/Library/WebServer/Documents/ROR_tests/file_upload_progress1/public">
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
       # AllowOverride all
   </directory>

    # needed for tracking upload progess
    <Location />
        # enable tracking uploads in /
        TrackUploads On
    </Location>

    <Location /progress>
        # enable upload progress reports in /progress
        ReportUploads On
    </Location>
</VirtualHost>
[/code]

in /private/etc/apache2/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf I have:
NameVirtualHost *:80

Another off the hand problem I'm having, and might be a clue is w/ my
Passenger Pane.   I installed the Phusion Passenger Pane and every time
I try to add an entry, I get this error:  Your changes couldn’t be saved
  See the Console log for details.

Please help! I've spent days trying to figure this out and it's driving
me crazy.