On Apr 20, 2011, at 6:11 PM, daze wrote:

Oh wow thanks!
But what's the most up-to-date solution?

On Apr 20, 2:38 am, Walter Lee Davis <wa...@wdstudio.com> wrote:
On Apr 19, 2011, at 11:33 PM, daze wrote:

I would go on Github and type in rails endless or rails pageless in the search field, and see what pops up.

Walter

You know the very common "Older posts"/"Show more" link at the bottom
of your Facebook news feed?  You know, it functions as a way to show
more posts or whatever... it generates more content and allows you to
scroll down more.

I'm kind of surprised there isn't a nice gem that creates that
functionality... After all, it is common.  It's kind of like
will_paginate, I guess.

I would love to make such a gem/plugin myself, but I don't have the
experience/skills to....

This is just a thought to the Rails community - who knows, maybe
there's someone out there who's looking for something to do... a
plugin/gem like this would be awesome.

:]

http://railscasts.com/episodes/114-endless-page

It's been done!

Walter

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group. To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails- t...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com . For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en .