Hi all

I have a Gemfile with this value

gem 'mysql2'

but when I  run this command '$ bundle install' on my host they said
that

"The command "bundle install --local" seems to be returning mysql2
dependency error now. Unfortunately mysql2 gem requires mysql 5.1+ (
refer: https://github.com/brianmario/mysql2/issues/109 ) whereas the
server mysql version is 4.1.2. Since you are on a shared server, it is
not possible to upgrade mysql version as it may affect many other users
in the same server."

how can I replace the expression

gem 'mysql2'

created by default when I run

 'rails new mystore -d=mysql'

to run with mysql 4.1.2?

I am trying to install Spree following this link
http://spreecommerce.com/documentation/getting_started.html

Please advise!