I have a feeling that this is something centered around my apache/Passenger
configurations but everything seems to check out.

Another off the hand problem I'm having, and might be a clue is w/ my
Passenger Pane.   I installed the Phusion Passenger Pane and every time I
try to add an entry, I get this error:

"Your changes couldn’t be saved
        See the Console log for details."

I wasn't sure exactly where the console log was for the Passenger Pane.
I checked all Apache logs as well as the development.log of the project.