M Daubs wrote in post #995201:
> I believe you only have two restful routes (create and new) because of
> the line:
>
>     :only => %w(create new)
>
> And the start action is defined as an alternative new action here,
> probably because the original author wanted a GET instead of POST (/
> sessions/start):
>
>     :new => {:start => :get}
>
> Based on the SessionController it looks like you may have more routes
> then you are actually using.

Thanks for response. I'm not understanding why someone may need to pass
an alternative new action, when both the new and start are declared as
methods in sessions controller. If the reason is because these are two
kinds of 'new' actions that have different purposes, then why does start
method silently return null since it doesn't contain any functionality
within its scope? Maybe the answer isn't possible given the context I
provided but in general terms, why might it be done?

Thanks for response.