On Apr 28, 2011, at 5:04 PM, egervari wrote:

> Ooo, nice. Yeah, that could solve it.
>
> I also was doing some other research and JRuby completely slipped my
> mind. Is that also a reasonable alternative too? Do you guys have any
> experience using rails 3 under Jruby? Is it still easy and straight-
> forward, or is the mismatch (like getting rails to run on tomcat and
> using jdbc, among other things) going to be frustrating?

I'm using JRuby for a number of Rails projects. Generally it works very well
with the very occasional glitch (just had one running capistrano which depends
on highline which requires the  ffi-ncurses gem under JRuby.

Generally it's pretty good though. And you can just use rvm like you would with
anything else, so it's like using MRI - just with a slower startup time in dev
mode.

Best Wishes,
Peter