On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 9:41 AM, S Ahmed <sahmed1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ah I see, this is what I have experienced.
>
> But why is that?  Shouldn't both getting and setting have similiar
> behaviour?
>
> I think when I was getting a value, using self.attribute wasn't working, is
> that the case or was I doing somehting else wrong?

 when you want to get a value, you can use self or not but it should return
the same value unless, as Fred pointed out, you set
a local variable with the same name as one of the instance object's
attribute where using self.attribute would return the
attribute value, and using attribute (which is also the local variable name)
would return the variable value.