On 11 May 2011 08:55, bingo bob <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> I'm using this gem https://github.com/justintv/APNS to send push
> notifications to an iPhone app and amazingly it works for single
> notifications, such that I can do...
>
> APNS.send_notification(Device.first.device_token,'test message')
>
> Works great...
>
> Now it should be a simple task (as per the docs to send multiple
> notifications)
>
> Gem says like this...
>
> device_token = '123abc456def'
> n1 = [device_token, :aps => { :alert => 'Hello...', :badge => 1, :sound
> => 'default' }
> n2 = [device_token, :aps => { :alert => '... iPhone!', :badge => 1,
> :sound => 'default' }]
> APNS.send_notifications([n1, n2])

Have you tried that?  It doesn't look like valid ruby to me (even with
the missing ] on the end of n1)

> #####
>
> for me it's slightly different, I wish to loop through each device in my
> db and then send the same message to them all...it's something like this
> but it's clearly not quite right... can't get the :aps => thing to work
> out.
>
> I think I need something like this on my Device model, but it's not
> right - please help correct it, would greatly appreciate.
>

>  def self.push_message_to_all(message)
>    devices = self.all
>    notifications = []
>    devices.each do |device|
>      notifications << [device.device_token,message]
>    end

Once you have got the manual example above working the use ruby-debug
to break in here and have a look at notifications and see if it is of
the same form as if you break into the manual test and look at it
there.

Colin