If they do that, then your application will explode. Actually I just
says can't find the article with id = ### and the user will have to
move on.

What is the problem with the user changing the article id? If they
change it to another article they are allowed to post on oh well, if
they change it to an article they shouldn't be allowed to post on you
need to catch it.

You can also use nested resources to achieve a url like /articles/1/
comments/new but again your still going to expose the article ID.