Hi,
I posted a similar question quite recently, as all the tutorials I found online were incorrect.

I have some basic code that works for uploading files, which I have pasted below. It has no error checking of any kind at the moment.

Hope it helps,
Jen.

Model:

class DataFile < ActiveRecord::Base
#takes the upload object and extracts the file.
def self.save(upload)
    name = upload['upload'].original_filename
    directory = "public/data/upload"
    # create the file path
    path = File.join(directory, name)
    # write the file
    File.open(path, "wb") { |f| f.write(upload['upload'].read) }

Controller:
class UploadController < ApplicationController
def index
#Renders a fiew for the user.
render 'upload.rhtml'
  end
  def create
#posts to the data model.
    post = DataFile.save(params[:upload])
puts "file uploaded"
render 'upload'

<h1>File Upload</h1>
<% form_for(:upload, :url=>{ :controller=>"upload", :action=>"create"}, :html => {:multipart => true}) do |f| %>
<%= f.label :"File to upload" %>
<%= f.file_field :upload%>
<%= f.submit %>
<% end %>