On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 1:37 AM, egervari <ken.egerv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you very much for the reply Radhames Britto
>
> I immediately tried your first 2 suggestions and they worked out
> great. My suggestion for the #2 problem is to put this in the top-
> level documentation on the github page (if you have the authority to
> do that... or know the author and can tell him to do that). I would
> think this is something at least 50% of the people will want to
> customize. In my case, I just wanted to add a simple "is_enabled"
> property and check against this - something very common.
>
> Your suggestion worked great though. My problem was that I override
> "active?" rather than "active_for_authentication?" -> and this is
> actually not what the RDoc's said :( So that needs to be updated so
> that others are not confused like me ;)

Be aware that the wiki at github is a wiki , that means it can be edited by
any member of github and that is the case, i have contributed to the wiki
and so can you, if there is something that confuses you or is inaccurate you
can update the wiki if you have a github account.  The best place for
accurate documentation is the source code at github, the wiki sometimes lags
behind, is posible that at the time the wiki page where you read about the
active? method was edited it was accurate but it no longer is, because maybe
jose and/or carlos updated the source code.

Always inspect the source code of you favorite gems and try to understan how
they work. Devise is no complex at all, is just a bit convoluted because the
authors wanted to be posible to implemented on more than one model per app
easily, that is devise can be mapped to any model by including the devise
method in the model and devise for in the routes, and it will generate the
rest of the MVC stack on the fly.