Hopefully someone else will come in with more input on debugging as that is
required sometimes. But I don't find myself using a debugger very often. I
write tests, then the simplest piece of code to make them work and I'm running
the tests (even for a large app) continuously using autorun, so I find that if
I get a regression, it's in the last 2-3 git commits which really helps
figuring things out.

There are definitely conditions where a debugger can be helpful, but it is
worth pointing out that it's a bit of a "development smell" if you need one
very often. It usually suggests too tight coupling between classes and/or a
lack of unit level specs/tests.

Best Wishes,
Peter