On 7 June 2011 15:53, Mauro <mrsan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7 June 2011 14:48, Colin Law <clan...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On 7 June 2011 15:45, Mauro <mrsan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I'm using devise and in application_controller I have before_filter
>>> :authenticate!
>>> In sector_controller I have:
>>>
>>> skip_filter :authenticate_user!, :only => [:index,
>>> :search_categories_by_sector]
>>>
>>> When I run rspec it says: undefined method authenticate!, even for
>>> index action.
>>> But I' set skip_filter for index action.
>>> Why rspec needs authenticate for index?
>>
>> Because you have specified skip for :authenticate_user! not :authenticate! ?
>
> I've make a mistake writing, in application_controller I have:
> before_filter :authenticate_user!

In that case, as you are getting an error 'undefined method
authenticate!' that is nothing to do with the filter.

It is no good re-typing what you think you have when asking questions,
it is vital that we know *exactly* what you have.
I suggest that you copy and paste the relevant code out of
application_controller.rb and sector_controller.rb and also copy and
paste the test that is failing and the error.

Colin