On 21 June 2011 14:31, mukesh singh <mukesh23.si...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply

Please don't top post, it makes it difficult to follow the thread.
Insert your reply at appropriate points in previous message.  Thanks.

> I thought class_eval method  would permanently add assignee_name method to
> Assignee instance object and i can access from other action too.

I think it will, but only when you execute the class_eval code.
Permanent means of course until you restart the server or reload the
Assignee class.  Since in development mode classes are reloaded at
each action request it will not hold from one request to the next, if
that is what you are trying to do.  Even in production this is a bad
thing to do as you never know when a server might get restarted and
loose the data.  Not to mention the fact that once in production
successive actions are not necessarily even run by the same computer.
If you want retain information from one action to the next then put it
in the session or in the database, or in a hidden field in the
intervening view.

I think Chirag Singhal's suggestion is better though unless there is
some reason you cannot use it.

Colin